Workshop#1 @ Londres
Workshop and official launch of the european call for projects London – 23rd to 26th November 2010
Introduction and details of the project from Dominique Roland (Director, centre des arts d’Enghien-les-Bains, Paris), project leader of the MADE project and from UK partners Ghislaine Boddington (Director, body>data>space, London) with an input on virtual mobility in European performing arts. Keynote inputs will be given on topics relevant to the MADE themes:
• David Sabel – Head of Digital Media at the National Theatre - on NT Live, the live streaming of staged works to cinemas worldwid
• Clare Reddington – Director of ished / Pervasive Media Studios at the Watershed in Bristol – on the skills and needs of digital producing for the future.
Followed by questions/ answers and a debate.
Official Launch of MADE (Mobility of Digital Artists in Europe) project and the announcement of the Call for Proposals.
With a few words from Dominique Roland (centre des arts d’Enghien-les-Bains, Paris), Ghislaine Boddington (body>data>space, London), Xavier Guerard (Deputy Director & Audiovisual Attaché, French Institute in the UK), Antonia Mochan (Head of Media, European Commission Representation in the UK). Project partners Aylin Kalem (boDig, Istanbul), Philippe Franck (Transcultures, Mons) and Philippe Baudelot (Digital Performances & Cultures, Toulouse) will also be present.
This Workshop event invites a small group of expert guests and key producers to join the MADE international partners at their first London gathering, to exchange knowledge, share personal experiences and contribute influences.
During this round table Workshop we will look to:
• examine and explore forms and models of European digital co-production and distribution, using topical case studies from those present
• create networking opportunities and knowledge sharing between those invited
• enable onwards co-operations, partnerships and shared resources for the MADE project within the UK
For this Workshop we will be focusing on:
• Virtual Mobility / Telepresence / Virtual Worlds
• Media Facades And Urban Screens
Toby Coffey, Senior Multimedia Designer, National Theatre / Cara Courage, Head of Learning, Architecture Centre Network / Dick Davis, Ambient Performance / Ron Edwards, CEO, Ambient Performance / Alex Haw, Director, Atmos / Christoph Jankowski, European Information Officer, Visiting Arts / Michael Takeo Magruder, Researcher, King’s College Visualisation Lab / Taylor Nuttall, Director, Folly / Bren O’Callaghan, Producer, Curator and Artist / Sarah Platt, Director, Kinura / Mike Stubbs, Director, FACT / Julian-Maynard Smith, Director, Station House Opera